Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver SIRRMER012, 'Develop retail space and product management plans'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Develop retail space and product management plans' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
1. Identify space and product management requirements.
1.1. Consult with relevant personnel to identify organisational space and product management requirements.
1.2. Access and review organisational standards and guidelines for space and product management.
1.3. Research trends in retail space and product management to inform planning.
1.4. Identify and assess factors impacting space and product management planning.
2. Develop space management plan.
2.1. Access and review store design plans and dimensional data to determine store features and constraints.
2.2. Plan optimal store layout and fixture space.
2.3. Identify opportunities to optimise use of space and create efficiencies in customer traffic flow.
2.4. Identify opportunities to enhance customer experience and commercial profitability through space management.
2.5. Identify potential commercial and customer experience challenges and undertake planning to minimise impact.
2.6. Document an accurate, to-scale, space management plan using digital design software.
2.7. Ensure space management plan complies with regulatory and work, health and safety requirements.
3. Develop a store product management plan.
3.1. Confirm product performance targets, inventory levels, customer profiles and marketing strategies to inform product management plan.
3.2. Calculate inventory volumes and capacity of fixtures required to support the display of the merchandise.
3.3. Consider product category adjacencies and grouping according to features, price, size and type.
3.4. Identify constraints and opportunities impacting management planning.
4. Communicate the space and product management plan.
4.1. Develop action plans for the implementation of space and product management plans, including any required dismantling of existing layout.
4.2. Present space and product management plan to relevant personnel and make any required adjustments.
4.3. Gain approval for space and product management plans.
4.4. Communicate implementation plans to relevant personnel and ensure consistent understanding of requirements.