Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver SIRRMER018A, 'Develop and apply strategies for merchandising and corporate presentation'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Develop and apply strategies for merchandising and corporate presentation' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Produce a range of visual presentations.
Produce and install visual presentations to meet project briefs in a wide range of locations.
Maintain a digital photographic folio of presentations for evaluation and planning purposes.
Produce and install merchandise for a major promotion.
Design a series of promotional elements according to industry standard and to match a project brief.
Develop a rendered concept visual of the installation.
Confirm promotional elements and installation concept visual with the client.
Outline the projected implementation process in an action plan.
Manufacture materials to match the designed elements.
Install and dismantle the promotion to industry standard and client satisfaction.
Produce merchandising and promotional plans.
Determine profit margin by reading, analysing and summarising merchandise inventories and sales reports.
Analyse information to identify basic lines, slow sellers and fast sellers.
Produce merchandising plans using sales information that will strategically target consumer buying habits.
Develop industry standard proposals for seasonal promotion campaigns.
Develop illustrated visual seasonal promotion merchandising plans to complement advertising promotional campaigns.
Produce merchandising promotional planning manuals.
Negotiate and identify promotional briefs with industry clients.
Collate comprehensive corporate product and outlet data for specific promotional displays or exhibitions.
Present clear, concise analyses of stock, expectations, specific stories for visual presentation and target turnover and profit margins.
Determine specific cost, manufacturing and dispatch details.
Incorporate analysed data into corporate manuals that comply with particular retail organisation standards and image.
Recommend suitable future directions and procedures for corporate manuals.