Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver SIRRMER020A, 'Create and implement exhibition space'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Create and implement exhibition space' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Assess the specific design requirements of exhibitions.
Interpret and negotiate the client brief.
Assess the requirements of the exhibition according to the final brief and develop an event checklist.
Produce sketches and rendered concept drawings.
Produce and refine sketches drawings, including rendered perspectives, elevations and in situ illustrations of the exhibition.
Develop finished plans providing solutions to given briefs via a series of design variations.
Develop the exhibition proposal, including a detailed report and recommendations.
Negotiate and adjust the final exhibition design to the satisfaction of the client.
Develop working construction and detail drawings to match job specifications.
Incorporate safety and risk assessments into all planning.
Source audio and lighting suppliers and products.
Research suppliers and contractors required to fulfil the exhibition design.
Brief contractors and suppliers on precise requirements.
Coordinate supply of products and services to ensure timely and successful completion of the exhibit.
Design, install and bump out display.
Assess and arrange staffing requirements for each phase according to the designated event checklist.
Determine specific operations for installation from construction, packing, transportation, on-site and installation services.
Identify strategic objectives and time schedules, and delegate display installation and bump out according to the display plan and designated event checklist.
Coordinate bump out of display according to the designated event checklist.