Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver SIRRRPK009A, 'Recommend toddler and baby products'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Recommend toddler and baby products' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Research store product range.
Develop product knowledge by accessing relevant sources of information.
Identify store baby and toddler product range according to relevant product information.
Demonstrate accurate knowledge of age rating and restrictions for specific products.
Recommend baby and toddler products.
Ascertain customer needs and requirements according to age of user and specific use of product.
Apply detailed product knowledge to provide accurate advice to customers and other staff on baby and toddler products.
Demonstrate features and benefits of baby and toddler products to customers to create a buying environment.
Explain maintenance and care requirements of product to customers according to store policy and legislative requirements.
Clearly explain safety features and safe usage of product to customers with emphasis on precautions with young children and babies.
Advise on manufacturer warranties.
Clearly explain comparisons between product and manufacturer warranty terms and insurance policies to customer, where applicable.
Consult relevant sources of information to confirm and accurately convey individual product warranty terms, conditions, correct care instructions and insurance policies to customers, where applicable.
Supply customer with written information regarding individual product warranty terms and conditions, especially extended or promotional warranties, according to store policy and procedures.
Advise on product service and repairs.
Identify and accurately describe service and repair process to customer as required according to store or manufacturer policy.
Identify and accurately quote price and timelines for basic service and repairs to customer where applicable.
Transcribe customer details to repair form according to store procedures and legislative requirements.
Label and securely store item for repair according to store policy.
Check item to ensure service or repair process is performed to required standard prior to customer notification.
Notify customer without undue delay on completion of service or repair.