Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver SIRRRPK011A, 'Recommend books or newsagency services'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Recommend books or newsagency services' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Research book and newsagency products.
Develop product knowledge by accessing relevant sources of information.
Demonstrate accurate knowledge of the location of books, newspapers and other products in the store product and service range.
Operate store inventory system to accurately locate and manage stock.
Demonstrate accurate knowledge of store procedures for book and newspaper recall and stock withdrawal from public sale at specified times.
Develop knowledge of store procedures relating to compliance with legislative requirements pertaining to the sale of books, newspapers and magazines.
Recommend book and newsagency products.
Identify customer needs through questioning and active listening.
Identify and locate products according to customer requirements and use product information to create a buying environment.
Apply product knowledge to assist customer buying decisions.
Advise on and arrange reader and newsagency services.
Negotiate and confirm newspaper home delivery arrangements with customers when included in store and service product range.
Record book, newspaper and magazine reservations and organise supply according to store procedures to meet customer requests.
Process lottery tickets, entries, and prizes and issue according to local lottery rules and procedures when included in store service and product range.
Process returns to publishers.
Batch out-of-date books and newspapers and magazines for regular return to publishers according to store procedures and publisher requirements.
Complete relevant publisher returns documentation in an accurate and timely manner according to store procedures.