Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver SIRRRPK012A, 'Recommend business and leisure products and services'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Recommend business and leisure products and services' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Research store business or leisure product range.
Develop product knowledge by accessing relevant sources of information.
Identify products according to relevant product information.
Develop knowledge and application of manufacturer technical information.
Demonstrate and show store products to customer according to store policy.
Recommend business and leisure products.
Identify customer requirements through questioning and active listening.
Identify and evaluate store merchandise relevant to customer requirements.
Convey technical features and benefits from manufacturer specifications to assist customers buying decisions.
Demonstrate or explain product application to customers in a systematic manner as required to create a buying environment.
Apply correct measuring, fitting and sizing procedures where relevant to the store product range.
Advise on product warranties.
Clearly explain comparisons between product and manufacturer warranties to customers.
Access relevant sources of information and explain individual product warranty terms and conditions to customers.
Provide customers with written information regarding individual product warranty terms and conditions, especially extended or promotional warranties according to store policy and procedures.
Negotiate price and payment options.
Convey store recommended retail pricing for various brand options to customers according to store procedures and legislative requirements.
Negotiate individual product prices according to store policy where necessary to achieve a sale.
Convey store payment options to customers and negotiate customer preferred options according to store procedures.
Advise on and arrange product warranty claims, service and repairs.
Identify warranty, service and repairs process, and accurately describe to customers as required according to store procedures.
Determine the nature of customer product warranty claims and service or repair requests through questioning and product observation.
Identify price and timelines for warranty and basic service and repairs and quote to customer where applicable.
Identify customer details and accurately transcribe to warranty and repair forms according to store procedures and legal requirements.
Label items for repair and securely store according to store procedure.
Notify customers without undue delay on completion of service and repairs.