Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver SIRRRPK013A, 'Hire and sell video and DVD products and services'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Hire and sell video and DVD products and services' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Research store product range.
Develop product knowledge by accessing relevant sources of information.
Research comparisons between products according to product information.
Demonstrate accurate operation and use of store products.
Recommend video and DVD products and accessories.
Apply product knowledge to advise customers and other staff members on available product range.
Provide accurate information to customers according to legislative requirements.
Advise on membership.
Convey membership application terms and conditions to customer.
Maintain security of customer details according to legislative requirements and store policy and procedures.
Check membership details for restricted access prior to rental according to legislative requirements and store policy.
Apply store video hire and return procedures.
Visually inspect movie and game media for damage prior to hire.
Complete movie and game hire procedure according to store policy.
Request proof of age and refuse hire, if applicable, according to legislative requirements and store policy.
Acknowledge movie and game returns and accurately update customer details on record system according to store procedures.
Visually inspect returned movie and game media for damage and rewind videos if required.
Replace damaged or torn covers and slicks as required.
Remove faulty or damaged stock from circulation according to store procedures.
File returned movies and games or replace on for hire displays according to store policy.