Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver SIRRRPK014A, 'Recommend specialised products and services'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Recommend specialised products and services' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Research product range.
Identify product and service range.
Demonstrate knowledge of location of product range.
Demonstrate operation of inventory system.
Develop product knowledge by accessing relevant sources of information.
Develop knowledge and application of manufacturer technical information and specifications of product range.
Demonstrate use and operation of products according to organisation policy and procedures.
Research comparisons between products and services and apply accurately according to product information.
Demonstrate knowledge of relevant legislative requirements.
Convey product information to customers and other staff members as required.
Recommend specialised products and services.
Identify and evaluate customer requirements to provide advice on product suitability to assist buying decisions.
Determine suitability of products and materials according to customer requirements and manufacturer specifications.
Provide accurate advice on product specifications to meet customer requirements according to relevant legislation.
Convey features and benefits of products to customers to assist buying decisions.
Demonstrate or explain use and operation of products to customers in a systematic manner as required to create a buying environment.
Apply correct measuring, fitting or sizing procedures as relevant to the product.
Explain relevant maintenance and care requirements of product to customer.
Clearly explain to customer safety features and safe usage relevant to the product.
Maximise sales opportunities by use of add-on and complementary sales techniques.
Estimate quantities of product required.
Advise on product warranties.
Clearly explain to customer comparisons between product and manufacturer warranty terms.
Confirm and accurately convey individual product warranty terms and conditions to customers by accessing relevant sources of information.
Provide customer with written information regarding individual product warranty terms and conditions, especially extended or promotional warranties, according to legislative requirements and organisation policy and procedures.
Quote on price and payment options.
Calculate organisation recommended pricing for various product and service options and convey to customer according to legislative requirements.
Perform negotiation of individual product prices where appropriate according to pricing determinants and organisation policy.
Convey payment and credit options to customers and negotiate a preferred option following organisation procedures.
Advise on and arrange product service and repair.
Advise customer on organisation range of service and repairs according to organisation policy and procedures.
Question and actively listen to customer determine nature of problem.
Complete diagnosis of problem in terms of operator and equipment faults.
Offer solutions according to nature of problem, available product information and company and enterprise policy.
Identify service and repair process and accurately describe to customer, as required, according to company and enterprise policy.
Identify price and timelines for basic service and repairs and quote to customer where applicable.
Identify customer details and accurately transcribe to service report according to company and enterprise procedures and legislative requirements.
Label and securely store item for repair according to company and enterprise policy.
Organise service according to availability, customer requirements and legislative requirements.
Notify customer without undue delay on completion of service and repair.
Take follow-up action as necessary to ensure customer satisfaction.