Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver SIRXCCS002A, 'Interact with customers'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Interact with customers' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Deliver service to customers.
Conduct communication with customers in a professional, courteous manner according to store policy.
Meet customer needs and reasonable requests or refer to supervisor according to store policy and legislative requirements.
Record customer details and information where necessary.
Identify and anticipate possible problems and take action to minimise the effect on customer satisfaction.
Recognise and act upon opportunities to deliver additional levels of service beyond the customer's immediate request.
Maintain contact with customer until sale is completed according to store policy.
Farewell customer appropriately and courteously according to store policy.
Use verbal and non-verbal communication to develop rapport with customers during service delivery.
Encourage repeat customers by promotion of appropriate services or products according to store policy.
Process customer returns or refunds according to store policy and procedures.
Respond to customer complaints.
Convey a positive, helpful attitude to customers when handling complaints according to store policy.
Handle complaints sensitively, courteously and with discretion.
Establish and confirm with customer nature of complaint by active listening and questioning.
Take action to resolve complaint to customers' satisfaction wherever possible.
Promptly refer unresolved customer dissatisfaction or complaints to supervisor.
Take the opportunity to turn incidents of customer dissatisfaction into a demonstration of high-quality service to customers according to store policy.
Complete documentation regarding customer dissatisfaction or complaints accurately and legibly.
Take follow-up action as necessary to ensure customer satisfaction.
Receive and process sales orders.
Record customers' details and information accurately.
Promptly refer customers to appropriate area as required.
Provide customers with information in clear, concise manner.
Process, record and act upon sales orders according to store policy.
Identify special customer requirements.
Promptly identify customers with special needs or requirements by observation and questioning.
Verbally and non-verbally convey a willingness to assist.
Promptly service, refer or redirect customers' needs as required.