Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver SIRXHRM001A, 'Administer human resources policy'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Administer human resources policy' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes of a unit of competency.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element. Where bold italicised text is used, further information is detailed in the required skills and knowledge section and the range statement. Assessment of performance is to be consistent with the evidence guide.
1. Implement staffing levels.
1.1.Maintain and monitor store policy and procedures in regard to staffing levels.
1.2.Maintain store staffing plans involving total store operation.
1.3.Ensure store staffing plan is comprehensive, concise and easily understood by staff and management.
1.4.Base all staffing figures on accurate and current information.
1.5.Develop contingency plans to cope with extreme situations.
1.6.Identify, analyse and rectify staff turnover problems as required by store policy.
2. Monitor staff performance.
2.1.Analyse, monitor and maintain store policy and procedures in regard to staff performance requirements.
2.2.Conduct performance appraisal and counselling interviews as required according to store policy.
2.3.Give clear, constructive feedback on performance at a level and pace appropriate to the team member.
2.4.Recognise performance and achievement and encourage individuals to contribute to their own assessment.
2.5.Encourage individuals to contribute to improving policy and procedures.
2.6.Discipline and counsel staff as required according to store policy and statutory requirements.
2.7.Implement staff dismissals according to store policy and procedures and statutory requirements.
2.8.Conduct terminal and exit interviews, according to store policy and procedures and statutory requirements.
2.9.Accurately and completely record details of all procedures and made available to authorised personnel.
3. Identify and minimise potential industrial relations problems.
3.1.Develop and implement strategies in regard to interpersonal conflict and dispute resolution, according to store policy and procedures.
3.2.Actively encourage consultation and cooperation within team.
3.3.Provide constructive support to resolve problems where interpersonal conflict arises.
3.4.Accurately communicate current dispute resolution and grievance procedures to team members.
3.5.Concisely and accurately record details of proceedings and make available to authorised personnel.
3.6.Treat team members with integrity, respect and compassion.
4. Develop and implement training plans.
4.1.Develop training objectives and activities based on considered assessment of existing individual and team competencies, potential competency and career aspirations according to store policy.
4.2.Regularly review, update and improve training plans in consultation with staff and management.
4.3.Ensure training plans contain clear, realistic objectives.
4.4.Encourage and assist individuals to evaluate their own development and training needs and to contribute to development planning and review.
4.5.Plan training activities to optimise the use of available resources.
4.6.Identify training needs using accurate and current information.
4.7.Clearly define training requirements relating to specific competencies necessary to perform a specified role or function.
4.8.Provide ongoing training information to all staff.
4.9.Delegate responsibility for training to specific staff.
4.10.Document planned training needs and specified outcomes.
4.11.Monitor and maintain budget in regard to training and assessment of staff according to store policy.