Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver SIRXICT002A, 'Use computers as part of business and e-commerce processes'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Use computers as part of business and e-commerce processes' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Identify computer technology and information systems managing electronic transactions.
Identify types of computerised technology and systems used in business to business transactions.
Identify types of computerised technology and systems used in e-commerce transactions.
Confirm maintenance requirements for technology and systems.
Identify procedures for reporting and removing routine faults.
Confirm enterprise operating procedures and information for specific technology.
Confirm range of technology involved in business to business transactions.
Set up and use computerised technology and systems for e-commerce transactions.
Identify functions of systems and technology for specific enterprise transactions.
Determine functions of systems and technology for specific transactions and requirements for completing a range of basic transactions.
Apply transaction security.
Preserve security of access protocols and procedures.
Restrict access to network according to business requirements.
Confirm processes for using technology to complete credit checks and customer authentication requirements.
Retrieve, record or update data according to business policy and procedures.
Organise and issue invoices and statements according to business technology and procedures.
Process customer requests for further information in the most efficient and timely manner possible.
Store and back up transaction data according to business procedures.
Use technology to set up an electronic account for a customer.
Raise account application data and field.
Enter customer details.
Enter customer trading terms or credit details.
Submit account reports according to business procedures.
Identify options that may enhance customer requirements or business outcomes.
Investigate options for configuration of customer account with customer as required.
Attach previous files or transaction history to principal file.
Establish business procedures for completing credit checks or updates.
Establish credit checks or transaction report procedures for a specific business process.
Establish banking documentation and reporting procedures for a specific business.
Identify approvals or rejections of electronic payments by bank or financial institution procedures.
Determine resolution processes for incomplete credit details or unresolved transactions to ensure payment for products and services.