Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver SIRXINV002A, 'Maintain and order stock'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Maintain and order stock' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Monitor receipt and dispatch of goods
Delegate responsibility for receipt and dispatch of goods to appropriate staff.
Implement store procedures in regard to receipt, dispatch and secure storage of goods.
Observe staff functions to ensure store procedures are followed and documentation is completed correctly.
Implement store procedures to ensure goods inspected for quantity and quality on receipt.
Act upon variations to quantity and quality of delivered goods according to store policy and procedures.
Supervise safe handling and storage of goods according to store policy.
Maintain stock records.
Monitor and maintain stock levels at required levels.
Maintain, monitor and adjust stock reorder cycles as required.
Inform team members of their individual responsibilities in regard to recording of stock.
Maintain stock storage and movement records according to store policy.
Record stock discrepancies and follow procedures according to store policy.
Monitor stock performance and identify and report fast and slow selling items according to store policy.
Coordinate stocktake or cyclical count.
Interpret policy and procedures in regard to stocktaking and cyclical counts and explain to team members.
Roster staff according to allocated budget and time constraints.
Allocate stocktaking tasks to individual team members.
Provide team members with clear directions for the performance of each task.
Allocate team members to ensure effective use of staff resources to complete task.
Produce accurate reports on stocktake data, including discrepancies, for management.
Identify stock losses.
Identify, record and assess losses against potential loss forecast on a regular basis.
Identify avoidable losses and establish reasons.
Recommend and implement possible solutions.
Process and raise orders for stock as requested according to store policy and procedures.
Maintain ordering and recording system.
Ensure availability of sample range according to buying plan.
Order pricing materials as required.
Record negotiated purchase and supply agreements and file for retrieval.
Follow up orders.
Monitor delivery process to meet agreed deadlines.
Handle routine supply problems or refer to management as required by store policy.
Maintain ongoing liaison with buyers, store or departments, warehouse and suppliers to ensure continuity of supply.
Distribute stock according to store or department allocation.