Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver SIRXINV003A, 'Plan inventory levels'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Plan inventory levels' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Forecast inventory demands
Identify links between enterprise planning, sales forecasts and stock levels.
Determine means to forecast demands on inventory.
Establish importance of monitoring market trends and technology changes as part of managing inventory demands.
Anticipate impact of special events on future inventory demands.
Implement inventory control systems.
Identify and describe the role of inventory control systems in inventory management.
Establish operational performance standards or benchmarks to measure and control inventory levels.
Manage scheduling to assist logistics planning and control inventory levels.
Establish and manage relationship between distribution systems and inventory control.
Compare and contrast different approaches to the management and control of inventory levels to achieve specific operational outcomes.
Adopt operations management approaches to achieve wholesale business and inventory plans, including the use of material resource planning, manufacturing requirements planning and just in time.
Devise maintenance plans or processes for inventory equipment, tools and facilities.
Establish purchasing systems.
Ensure inventory supply arrangements meets demand.
Monitor and improve inventory plans.
Determine relationship between inventory control systems and competitive advantage for the business.
Regularly review existing ordering and inventory control tools and procedures.
Continually improve industrial standards or performance benchmarks for inventory control systems.
Review and improve stock control and monitoring systems.
Identify strategies to improve inventory control systems and report to relevant personnel.