Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver SIRXMGT004A, 'Analyse and communicate information'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Analyse and communicate information' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Review external operating environment.
Develop strategies to maximise the understanding of the store's external operating environment.
Review operating environment using relevant sources of information.
Analyse external operating environment using current, accurate information that reflects emerging and predicted trends.
Review systems to reflect possible future store operating policy and procedures, technology, partners, competitors and other relevant organisations.
Identify and evaluate competitors.
Identify and evaluate strengths and weaknesses of existing and potential competitors using accurate and current information.
Gain information from ethical, cost-effective sources according to store policy.
Adjust store plans and targets according to information gained from external operating environment to maximise success of store operation.
Assess internal strengths.
Evaluate opportunities for new and existing products and services in response to internal strengths and external factors.
Evaluate merchandise or service delivery using accurate, current information.
Forecast trends and developments.
Regularly project future trends and developments using accurate, current information.
Clearly identify impact of future trends and developments on store operations.
Regularly investigate and assess new technology for possible store application.
Report research, analysis and forecasts using accurate qualitative and quantitative information.
Recommend and implement improvements.
Recommend and implement improvements based on forecasts.
Develop and implement strategies to maximise future business, customer service and profit.
Respond to change.
Identify changes in internal operating environment accurately and promptly.
Develop and implement policy and procedures to effectively respond to changes in internal and external operating environment without undue delay.
Communicate internally and externally.
Implement internal and external correspondence or personal communications according to store policy and procedures.
Ensure personal presentation is professional and in line with store policy.
Summarise written communications to convey key points that are clear, concise and in line with store policies.