Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver SIRXMPR008A, 'Implement advertising and promotional activities'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Implement advertising and promotional activities' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Analyse previous promotional activities.
Analyse historical data on previous advertising and promotional activities.
Assess relevant forecasts and trends required for setting advertising and promotional plans.
Organise advertising and promotions.
Manage and implement promotional and advertising activities according to business policy and procedures.
Organise promotional activities in line with anticipated or researched customer requirements.
Negotiate arrangements with suppliers in regard to special promotional activities.
Coordinate promotional activities to maximise mutual benefits.
Develop evaluation procedures and tools to measure the effectiveness of promotions (including the programs and customer response).
Document promotional activities and record for future reference.
Set targets for advertising campaign.
Coordinate implementation of advertising campaigns.
Coordinate personnel involved in advertising campaign.
Confirm timing for advertising campaign.
Develop design brief for advertising and marketing.
Plan support materials and resources.
Identify resource constraints for advertising and marketing.
Coordinate production of advertising material and review proofs against the design brief.
Initiate advertising campaign on time according to business brief.
Establish systems for recording and reporting information to enable internal and external personnel to assess the progress of advertising campaigns.
Coordinate joint promotional programs.
Contact relevant business customers to establish joint objectives and content for promotional plans.
Identify seasonal or special opportunities for joint promotional programs.
Identify support materials required for joint promotional programs within required timeframe.
Analyse and report impact of promotional activities on inventory levels.
Advise suppliers and customers in a timely manner on promotional activities and targets.
Evaluate success of advertising and joint promotional activities.
Evaluate and report success of joint promotions.
Evaluate success of advertising campaign against targets.
Achieve maximum customer impact by supporting promotional activities.