Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver SIRXOHS003A, 'Provide a safe working environment'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Provide a safe working environment' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Develop policies to establish and maintain a safe working environment.
Develop store policy and procedures based upon a commitment to OHS and with regard to relevant legislation.
Clearly define and allocate OHS responsibilities and duties, and include in job descriptions and duty statements for all relevant positions.
Promptly and consistently identify, seek or provide financial and human resources for the operation of the OHS system.
Ensure information on the OHS system is readily accessible and clearly explained to staff.
Establish procedures to identify existing and potential hazards.
Establish and maintain procedures to facilitate the reporting of all safety-related incidents.
Develop control measures according to the hierarchy of control.
Establish systems to encourage staff members to identify and report matters likely to affect workplace safety.
Consult with staff.
Establish and maintain appropriate consultation processes in consultation with staff according to OHS legislation and store policy.
Promptly deal with and resolve issues raised through consultation according to store policy.
Clearly and promptly provide information to staff on outcomes of consultation.
Establish and maintain a safe working environment.
Establish and maintain policy and procedures to facilitate identification and prevention of hazards.
Establish and maintain procedures to ensure safe handling and storage of hazardous goods.
Establish and maintain procedures to ensure equipment is maintained and stored safely according to store policy.
Establish and maintain procedures to ensure safe lifting or shifting and manual handling techniques are employed by staff.
Establish and maintain store emergency procedures.
Assess risks presented by identified hazards according to OHS legislation and codes of practice.
Develop procedure for ongoing risk assessment and integrate with systems of work and procedures.
Monitor staff activities to ensure risk assessment procedure is adopted effectively.
Address risk identification and assessment at planning, design and evaluation stages of workplace changes to prevent creation of new hazards.
Develop measures to control assessed risks according to the hierarchy of control and implement according to store policy, OHS legislation and codes of practice.
Establish and implement interim or contingency measures when control measures are not immediately practicable, until permanent control measures are implemented.
Establish and maintain policies for hazardous events.
Identify potentially hazardous events.
Develop procedures to control risks associated with hazardous events and meet legislative requirements, in consultation with appropriate emergency services.
Provide appropriate information and training to all employees to enable implementation of the correct procedures in all relevant circumstances.
Develop and implement OHS training program to ensure all staff are trained in OHS issues.
Establish and maintain record system.
Establish and monitor system for maintaining OHS records to facilitate identification of patterns of occupational injury and disease according to store policy.
Evaluate policies and procedures.
Assess effectiveness of the OHS system and related policies, procedures and programs according to store policy.
Develop and implement improvements to the OHS system to ensure more effective achievement of store policy.
Assess compliance with OHS legislation and codes of practice to ensure that legal OHS standards are maintained.