Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver SIRXQUA006A, 'Benchmark and continuously improve operational quality'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Benchmark and continuously improve operational quality' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Benchmark best practice performance.
Set benchmarks for operational quality.
Confirm requirement for achieving best practice outcomes.
Differentiate customer service and operational quality benchmarks.
Use benchmarking exercises to stimulate staff learning and understanding.
Compare and contrast internal and external benchmarking processes.
Audit process quality improvement.
Determine key means to measure quality for all wholesale processes and systems.
Determine measures for benchmarking quality in a given process.
Establish audit trail for measuring and mapping quality improvement.
Audit compliance with quality targets and benchmarks.
Improve wholesale processes.
Determine measures for quality improvement.
Regularly brief staff members on work goals, plans and operational issues to minimise role ambiguity and uncertainty.
Establish analytical tools for measuring quality improvement within a business context.
Use quality problem-solving tools to promote qualitative and quantitative solutions.
Structure existing training to support service standards that improve department supply, display and post-sales support.
Monitor quality improvement for a wholesale process.
Allocate individual and team responsibilities for achieving quality outcomes.
Allocate responsibilities for improvement and identification of problems with process quality.
Establish ongoing monitoring systems for quality improvement programs.
Evaluate quality improvement management and implementation strategy.
Establish feedback and reporting mechanisms on deviation from target (variation).
Monitor customer service quality for a wholesale business.
Determine information sources on customer satisfaction levels.
Devise strategies for managing customer needs and expectations for business to business and business to end consumers.
Ensure customer service strategies deliver business to business and business to end consumer needs and expectations.
Map service value chain for a wholesale business.
Devise service quality measures for customer retention and retrieval strategies (in terms of cost, time or quality requirements).
Improve service quality.
Improve customer retention and retrieval.
Improve customer satisfaction levels through use of ongoing monitoring systems.
Achieve service quality benchmarks.