Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver SITHACS008B, 'Provide valet service'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Provide valet service' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Display professional valet standards.
Build rapport with guests or clients through principles of good communication.
Access and use knowledge of individual guests or clients to provide a personalised, quality service.
Follow grooming and communication standards, according to establishment standards.
Care for guest or client property.
Unpack, store and pack luggage neatly according to instructions.
Prepare and present clothes appropriately, ready for use.
Clean shoes correctly.
Make repairs or organise repairs according to establishment procedures.
Maintain confidentiality regarding guest or client property and activities.
Arrange services for guests or clients.
Proactively offer information and advice about special services and benefits to guests or clients to ensure maximum take-up of services and profitability of guest's stay.
Offer assistance in organising services to guests or clients.
Organise services to take account of the individual needs and requests of guests or clients.
Confirm details of all services with guests or clients.
Monitor services where appropriate to ensure guest or client needs are being met.
Make adjustments to service as required.
Maintain accurate records of services provided to guests or clients according to establishment procedures.
Minimise waste of printed materials.
Minimise use of printed materials and maximise electronic transmission and filing of all documents to reduce waste and negative environmental impacts.