Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver SITHASC020A, 'Prepare and produce Chinese dim sum'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Prepare and produce Chinese dim sum' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Select and prepare key commodities.
Identify and select a range of fresh, dried and preserved commodities suitable for dim sum.
Prepare coconut milk, setting agents and fresh fruits to correct consistency, according to recipe specification.
Select, measure and weigh different types of flour, and identify properties of yeast, according to recipe specification.
Prepare sweet and savoury dim sum.
Prepare fillings, glazing and coating agents to correct consistency, according to recipe specification.
Cook dim sum according to enterprise procedures and hygiene regulations and requirements.
Portion dim sum precisely, according to specifications.
Follow food hygiene and OHS regulations and requirements and apply to all tasks, particularly in the preparation and storage of fillings.
Produce sweet and savoury dim sum and desserts.
Follow standard recipes for dim sum items accurately, and according to enterprise practices and recipe specifications.
Handle specialised equipment according to safety requirements.
Prepare, fill and cook dim sum according to product specifications.
Follow correct steps to size and shape buns and dumplings.
Use correct cooking methods to maintain quality and precise portion control.
Present sweet and savoury dim sum.
Check dim sum quality prior to plating and according to enterprise specifications.
Match crockery size, colour and shape to dim sum items.
Present dim sum items attractively and according to enterprise requirements.
Follow requirements for portion sizes and accompaniments and serve according to style requirements of the region and specifications.
Assess sauces for quality and shelf life.
Store sweet and savoury dim sum.
Assess items for shelf life, package appropriately and store products where required in conditions to maintain freshness, eating characteristics and appearance, and shelf life, preventing flavour transfer between sweet and savoury.
Comply with food hygiene and OHS regulations and requirements in packaging and storing dim sum.