Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver SITHASC024A, 'Prepare and produce Indian sweetmeats'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Prepare and produce Indian sweetmeats' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Prepare to produce Indian desserts and sweets.
Select, measure and weigh key commodities for Indian desserts and sweets according to recipe specifications.
Select and use correct cooking utensils and equipment for required recipes.
Select milk products, and setting and thickening agents for use in correct amounts according to standard recipe specifications.
Assemble woks and associated equipment for preparing Indian desserts and sweets according to instructions.
Produce desserts and sweet products.
Prepare desserts and sweets in correct shapes and with correct fillings, according to recipe specifications.
Comply with basic hygiene requirements and OHS regulations in all tasks.
Follow standard procedures where sweets are reheated or refried according to customer orders and enterprise practice.
Use correct procedures for milk products and with setting and thickening agents to maintain quality control.
Store desserts and sweet products.
Assess accompaniments, sauces and syrups according to quality and shelf life.
Follow correct reheating procedures according to enterprise practice.
Store desserts and sweet products under appropriate storage conditions to retain quality and freshness.
Present Indian desserts and sweet products.
Use correct sizes, shapes and colours of tableware for serving.
Present desserts attractively using suitable garnishes and accompaniments.