Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver SITHCCC008A, 'Prepare stocks, sauces and soups'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Prepare stocks, sauces and soups' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Prepare stocks, glazes and essences required for menu items.
Use ingredients and flavouring agents according to standard recipes and enterprise standards.
Produce a variety of stocks, glazes and essences to enterprise standards.
Use clarifying agents appropriately.
Prepare sauces required for menu items.
Produce a variety of hot and cold sauces from classical and contemporary recipes.
Make appropriate derivations from basic sauces.
Use a variety of thickening agents and convenience products appropriately.
Evaluate sauces for flavour, colour and consistency and rectify any problems.
Prepare soups required for menu items.
Select and assemble the correct ingredients to produce soups, including stocks and prepared garnishes.
Produce a variety of soups to enterprise standards.
Use clarifying and thickening agentsand methods, and convenienceproducts where appropriate.
Evaluate soups for flavour, colour, consistency and temperature and rectify any problems.
Present soups at the right temperature in clean serviceware without drips and spills, using suitable garnishes and accompaniments.
Store and reconstitute stocks, sauces and soups.
Store stocks, sauces and soups to maintain optimum freshness and quality.
Reconstitute stocks, sauces and soups to appropriate standards of consistency.