Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver SITHCCC009A, 'Prepare vegetables, fruit, eggs and farinaceous dishes'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Prepare vegetables, fruit, eggs and farinaceous dishes' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Prepare vegetable and fruit dishes.
Select vegetables and fruit in season according to availability, quantity, quality and price.
Select vegetables, fruit and potato accompaniments to complement and enhance menu items.
Prepare and, where appropriate, cook a variety of vegetables and fruit dishes using suitable cookery methods and preserving optimum quality and nutrition.
Where appropriate, select suitable sauces and accompaniments to be served with vegetables.
Present vegetable and fruit attractively using suitable garnishes, where appropriate.
Prepare farinaceous dishes.
Select and prepare a variety of farinaceous foods according to standard and enterprise recipes.
Prepare farinaceous foods using appropriate methods to ensure optimum quality.
Select sauces and accompaniments that are appropriate to farinaceous foods.
Prepare and cook egg-based dishes.
Prepare and cook a variety of egg-based dishes according to standard recipes, using a range of methods including boiling, poaching, frying and scrambling.
Prepare and cook egg dishes to ensure optimum and desired quality, consistency and appearance.
Select sauces and accompaniments appropriate to eggs.
Use eggs for a variety of culinary uses.
Store vegetables, eggs and farinaceous foodstuffs.
Store fresh and processed eggs, vegetables and fruit, and farinaceous foodstuffs at correct temperatures and under correct conditions to maintain optimum freshness and quality.