Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver SITHCCC011A, 'Select, prepare and cook seafood'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Select, prepare and cook seafood' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Select and store seafood.
Select seafood according to quality, seasonal availability, price and requirements for specific menu items.
Estimate yields accurately for various types of seafood.
Maintain and kill live seafood, where used, in a humane manner and according to government regulations.
Handle and store seafood hygienically and correctly.
Thaw frozen seafood to ensure maximum quality, hygiene and nutrition.
Where applicable, check date stamps and codes to ensure quality control.
Prepare and cook fish and shellfish.
Clean, gut and fillet fish correctly and efficiently according to enterprise standards.
Clean and prepare shellfish and other types of seafood according to enterprise standards.
Cook seafood to enterprise standards using a variety of cookery methods.
Use fish and shellfish by-products appropriately for a variety of dishes and menu items.
Present fish and shellfish.
Prepare and present fish and shellfish for service.
Prepare suitable sauces and dips according to standard recipes and as required to accompany menu items.
Select plate presentations and garnishing techniques and use according to recipes and enterprise standards.
Carry out service according to enterprise methods and standards.