Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver SITHCCC017A, 'Organise bulk cooking operations'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Organise bulk cooking operations' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Plan kitchen operations for bulk cooking.
Determine required quantities and calculate them according to recipes and specifications.
Order food items in correct quantities for requirements.
Prepare a mise en place list for food and equipment appropriate to the situation and clear and complete.
Design a work schedule and work flow plan for the relevant section of kitchen, including time and temperature considerations, to maximise teamwork and efficiency and minimise spoilage, contamination and other risks to food safety.
Organise production of bulk cooking menus.
Organise preparation and service of orders for the relevant section of the kitchen.
Control the sequence of dishes to enable smooth work flow, and minimise delays and risks to food safety.
Exercise quality control at all stages of preparation and cooking to ensure that presentation, design, eye appeal and portion size of menu items are to the required standards.
Put in place appropriate procedures to ensure that receiving, storing and cleaning procedures are correctly followed.
Select systems for bulk cooking.
Select appropriate food production systems for bulk cooking according to relevant factors.
Identify appropriate equipment to assist production and cooking operations.
Use preparation and cooking techniques appropriate to bulk cooking system.
Select menu items compatible with the type of system chosen.
Prepare and serve specialist recipes taking into account the type of food service system.
Prepare food using methods that take into account the effects of different methods of preparation on nutrition quality and structure.
Use systems and equipment safely and hygienically according to legislative and regulatory requirements.