Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver SITHCCC020B, 'Prepare portion-controlled meat cuts'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Prepare portion-controlled meat cuts' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Select suppliers and purchase traditional and contemporary meats.
Select suppliers with regard to the establishment requirements for quality, price and menu items.
Maximise profitability of menu items by negotiating purchase price of both one-off and regular purchases.
Purchase meats according to quality currently presented.
Minimise wastage through appropriate purchase and storage techniques.
Prepare and produce a range of portion-controlled meats.
Specify, select and weigh ingredients correctly according to standard recipes.
Cut meats precisely to required portion size and weight as required for standard and enterprise recipes.
Prepare and produce meat products.
Prepare a range of portion-controlled meat products using suitable ingredients and methods according to standard and enterprise recipe requirements.
Select and use appropriate ingredients, fillings, flavourings and marinades for meat products.
Store meat cuts and meat products.
Minimise food spoilage through appropriate storage techniques according to industry regulations.
Maintain the quality of each cut and product through appropriate storage techniques.
Use meat preservation methods as appropriate.
Implement safe and hygienic practices for meat.
Identify potential hygiene and OHS problems and take appropriate preventative measures to eliminate risks.
Operate machinery and equipment used in manufacturing safely and hygienically according to manufacturer instructions.