Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver SITHCCC037C, 'Manage facilities associated with commercial catering contracts'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Manage facilities associated with commercial catering contracts' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Co-ordinate facility maintenance.
Identify the scope of maintenance requirements according to contract or scope of operations.
Allocate responsibility for specific maintenance functions considering the advantages and disadvantages of in-house staff and external contractors.
Organise regular maintenance of facilities on a timely basis to meet specific requirements and budgetary targets.
Comply with relevant regulatory and legislative requirements.
Manage catering stores and storage areas.
Purchase, receive, store and transfer stock according to contracted requirements and negotiated supplier agreements.
Organise storage, stockcontrol and distribution systems for the facility according to contracted requirements, OHS and health department regulations.
Maintain accurate records and reports according to enterprise policies and procedures.
Maintain a facilities assets register.
Identify and register all assets clearly.
Conduct routine audits of assets.
Issue asset and inventory reports according to enterprise practices.
Manage client services associated with the facility.
Liaise with stakeholders to determine general and specific requirements for client services.
Monitor existing client services across all areas of operation to identify areas for improvement.
Arrange for temporary or permanent upgrades or modifications of existing services and facilities as required and according to appropriate regulations.
Organise additional human, physical or financial resources according to customer requirements.
Arrange for the provision of new services or facilities where required.
Maintain budgetary targets in the management of client services.
Review feedback on catering services and modify provision of client services accordingly.
Plan for and manage environmental sustainability.
Develop an environmental sustainability policy and procedures that reflect the organisation's commitment to reducing negative environmental impacts
Communicate procedures to all relevant staff members.
Supervise staff members to ensure they use energy and water resources efficiently in all catering operations to reduce negative environmental impacts.
Ensure staff save reusable by-products of food preparation for future cooking activities.
Monitor staff usage of recyclable products during food preparation
Manage recycling and the safe disposal of all kitchen waste and hazardous substances.