Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver SITHCCC038B, 'Plan catering for an event or function'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Plan catering for an event or function' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Identify overall event objectives and scope.
Clarify and agree on key objectives of the event or function in consultation with stakeholders.
Analyse broad factors influencing catering and consult with stakeholders to determine overall approach.
Prepare the catering concept for an event or function.
Contribute ideas to the event concept, theme and format, according to scope of responsibility.
Identify and define key catering elements in consultation with stakeholders to reflect event or function objectives and meet customer needs.
Incorporate creative elements into the catering concept and theme.
Verify the operational and service practicality of the catering concept, theme and format through consultation and analysis.
Prepare and implement an operational plan for the catering of an event or function.
Prepare an operational plan for the provision of catering and ancillary services, identifying steps, activities and sequence.
Incorporate appropriate risk management issues into the plan.
Review, verify and finalise details with the client.
Provide accurate and complete information on the catering concept and operational plans to all relevant stakeholders to ensure timely and effective planning and implementation.
Obtain approval from relevant stakeholders prior to implementation.
Implement and monitor the catering plan for the event, making adjustments as required.
Obtain feedback after the event and review plans to evaluate client satisfaction and degree to which it met objectives and client requirements.