Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver SITHFAB222A, 'Conduct a product tasting for alcoholic beverages'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Conduct a product tasting for alcoholic beverages' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Taste and evaluate alcoholic beverages.
Identify basic characteristics of alcoholic beverages using sensory evaluation techniques.
Use information from evaluations in preparation for tastings.
Set up and serve tasting samples.
Set up tasting area, equipment and supplies according to hygiene and other safety requirements.
Make tasting environment conducive to effective tasting.
Prepare and open products using techniques appropriate to particular product characteristics.
Pour and present product to the customer in accordance with legal requirements and workplace policies.
Serve tasting samples in order that allows the customer to experience different product characteristics most effectively.
Collect and dispose of tasting waste according to safety, hygiene and other enterprise requirements.
Interact with customers during tasting.
Proactively provide relevant and correct information on alcoholic beverage products to customers.
Encourage customers to ask questions or provide opinions on products being served.
Correctly answer common customer questions about alcoholic beverage products and provide appropriate assistance with selections.
Encourage and facilitate responsible tasting by customers in accordance with Responsible Service of Alcohol provisions.
Handle and store alcoholic beverage products.
Handle alcoholic beverage products in a manner that ensures quality is maintained.
Maintain opened products as required by product characteristics.
Store and rotate products to ensure optimum quality and in accordance with workplace procedures.
Identify common beverage product faults and apply knowledge to work activities.