Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver SITHPAT007A, 'Prepare and display petits fours'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Prepare and display petits fours' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Prepare iced petits fours.
Prepare, cut and assemble sponges and bases according to standard recipes and enterprise requirements and practice.
Prepare fillings with the required flavours and consistency.
Bring fondant icing to the correct temperature and consistency to achieve required coating thickness and surface gloss.
Design and use decorations that enhance customer eye appeal.
Prepare fresh petits fours.
Pipe, bake, fill and decorate a selection of small choux paste shapes.
Prepare and blind bake sweet paste in small moulds or tins in a variety of shapes.
Prepare and use fillings with the required flavours and consistency.
Use appropriate garnishes, glazes and finishes to enhance flavour and eye appeal.
Prepare marzipan petits fours.
Flavour and shape quality marzipan appropriately, producing mini-size fruits.
Coat marzipan fruits to preserve desired eating characteristics and where required, soften with egg whites, pipe into shapes and seal or brown with applied heat, according to enterprise practice.
Prepare caramelised petits fours.
Select and coat fresh fruits or fruit segments with pale amber-coloured caramel.
Sandwich dried fruits or nuts or fill with flavoured marzipan and coat with pale amber-coloured caramel, according to specifications and enterprise standards.
Display petits fours.
Select and prepare appropriate receptacles for petits fours.
Display petits fours creatively to enhance customer appeal.
Store petits fours.
Store petits fours at correct temperature and conditions to maintain maximum eating characteristics, appearance and freshness.