Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver SITTPPD006B, 'Plan and develop ecologically sustainable tourism operations'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Plan and develop ecologically sustainable tourism operations' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Plan for ecologically sustainable tourism operations.
Include an evaluation of the relationship between tourism and the environment in the planning process.
Conduct a cost versus yield evaluation of establishing and operating the operation on an ongoing basis according to industry and ecotourism codes and legislation.
Incorporate into the planning process the need for an economic or social return to the local community.
Conduct a range of evaluations prior to any decision to establish the operation.
Investigate and incorporate into the planning process methods of managing tourismimpact and protecting vulnerable sites.
Consult all stakeholders and incorporate their views into the planning process.
Develop strategies to balance ecological sustainability and the economic viability of the operation.
Base development decisions on the information obtained in the evaluation and planning process.
Develop and implement ecologically sustainable tourism operations.
Develop and implement courses of action and systems to limit negative environmental impacts and damage.
Establish and integrate best practice environmental standards in the operation.
Identify and use appropriate technology for environmental best practice.
Develop environmentally-friendly codes of practice for all aspects of the operation and for customer use.
Conduct operations according to ecologically sustainable practices, guidelines provided by industry and ecotourism codes of practice and requirements of the law.
Promote environmental awareness within the tourism industry and to customers.
Monitor environmental impact of operations.
Monitor and assess environmental impact of operations as part of regular management reviews.
Continuously monitor compliance with industry and ecotourism codes and legislative requirements.
Initiate appropriate follow-up action based on assessment of environmental impact and compliance.