Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver SITTPPD011, 'Develop and implement local or regional tourism plan'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Develop and implement local or regional tourism plan' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
1. Conduct research to support tourism planning.
1.1.Gather and analyse current internal and external business and market information.
1.2.Evaluate and consult with others about overall approach to tourism development in the area.
1.3.Research and develop an inventory of tourism infrastructure and carrying capacity of the area.
1.4.Analyse product and service gaps and potential for future development and innovation.
1.5.Analyse current skill profile and potential skills gaps in local labour force.
1.6.Assess community impacts, including environmental, social, cultural and economic factors and opportunities.
1.7.Conduct community consultations.
1.8.Investigate community and industry resources available to implement the plan.
2. Develop tourism plan.
2.1.Create plan that includes clear strategic and tactical focus, identifying priorities, responsibilities and timelines.
2.2.Integrate financially-sound resource strategies and take advantage of new and emerging technologies.
2.3.Propose administrative framework and systems capable of supporting the plan.
2.4.Consult appropriate colleagues during planning process.
2.5.Develop performance indicators, contingency plans and evaluation methods.
2.6.Submit plan to appropriate authority for approval prior to implementation.
3. Implement and monitor tourism plan.
3.1.Initiate an internal and external communications strategy.
3.2.Implement and monitor actions according to schedule and contingencies.
3.3.Develop progress and other reports according to organisational requirements.
3.4.Involve community in tourism issues on an ongoing basis.
4. Evaluate tourism plans.
4.1.Assess plan effectiveness using agreed evaluation methods and develop new or alternative approaches as required.
4.2.Submit changes for consideration and approval by appropriate authority.
4.3.Implement and communicate agreed changes.