Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver SITTTOP005A, 'Provide camp site catering'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Provide camp site catering' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Plan camp site menus.
Plan menus so that they are nutritionally balanced and take account of touring and customer factors.
Select the type of food from the full range of options available.
Identify any special requests and ensure that special meals can be prepared for those customers with special dietary requirements.
Identify any food safety hazards involved in storing, preparing and serving planned meals, assess risks and take action to eliminate or minimise them.
Store and maintain camp site food and beverages.
Select and correctly use appropriate storage equipment.
Store all food and beverage items safely and hygienically, according to particular requirements.
Monitor the quality of food and beverages throughout the tour and make any required adjustments to storage.
Prepare and serve meals.
Check and clean food preparation equipment as required.
Treat water, if required, to ensure suitability for human consumption.
Use a range of food preparation techniques and ensure that food is prepared in a safe and hygienic manner.
Use a range of cooking methods to prepare the required meals.
Prepare meals for customers at the appropriate times and within accepted timeframes.
Serve food to customers according to individual preferences and with regard to safe hygiene practices.
Clear and clean catering equipment.
Clear and clean utensils and equipment in a safe, hygienic and environmentally-sound manner.
Remove all rubbish from the site where disposal facilities are not available and store remaining foodstuffs safely and hygienically.