Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver SITTTSL006B, 'Prepare quotations'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Prepare quotations' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Calculate costs of products and services.
Create records to administer the customer's details and requirements.
Source and accurately select and interpret product and costing information required to prepare the quotation.
If required, negotiate costs with suppliers according to commercial agreements and relationships, and within scope of individual responsibility.
Calculate commissions or mark-up nett costs according to organisation procedures and requirements to determine a profitable selling price.
Accurately calculate any additional taxes, special fees and other charges.
Accurately calculate any required currency conversions.
Accurately calculate the final cost to the customer.
Check all calculations against all product and service components.
Keep detailed and legible records of the method of calculation, according to organisation formats.
Provide quotations to customer.
Prepare the quotation to reflect all inclusions required by the customer.
Promptly provide accurate quotation to the customer according to organisation procedures and formats.
Offer secondary quotations with options, as appropriate.
Ensure all quotations include accurate details of the cost of product and service provision and the conditions and limitations of the quotation.
Record all details of the quotation accurately and legibly and keep on file according to organisation procedures.
Minimise use of printed materials and maximise electronic transmission and filing of all documents to reduce waste and negative environmental impacts.
Update and amend quotations.
Adjust and update quotations to take account of changed requests or arrangements.
Provide the most up-to-date quotation to customers inclusive of new conditions and limitations.
Record all details of adjusted quotations and keep on file according to organisation procedures.