Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver SITTVAF003A, 'Operate a ride location'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Operate a ride location' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Prepare and inspect ride location.
Inspect the ride location prior to arrival of customers and according to approved checklist for a specific ride.
Check general equipment and supplies in the ride location to ensure readiness for operation and reorder supplies according to organisation procedures.
Check safety equipment to ensure readiness for operation.
Check for cleanliness and standard of presentation, and take remedial action promptly where appropriate.
Inspect rides prior to the arrival of customers according to approved checklist.
Note all items accurately according to organisation procedures.
Report all discrepancies or irregularities to the appropriate supervisor immediately.
Prepare to operate ride.
Check loading procedures prior to commencement of the ride according to organisation procedures.
Maintain appropriate communication with the ride loader to ensure the ride commences safely.
Operate and monitor ride.
Operate the ride or device according to specifications and organisation requirements and procedures.
Continuously monitor operator controls during the operation of the ride.
Monitor the overall ride, ride area and rider behaviour and reactions at all times.
Take any required action in response to observations made during the ride, and ensure these conform to organisation safety procedures.
Action emergency procedures strictly according to organisation and specific ride procedures.
Treat customers in a friendly and courteous manner throughout the ride.
Identify quality control issues or problems during the ride advising the appropriate supervisor for action.
Close down ride.
Commence close-down procedures when all customers have left the ride location.
Close-down ride following organisation procedures for the specific ride.
Identify defects or deficiencies and promptly report to appropriate supervisor for action.
Close and secure ride.
Check that all areas of the ride meet organisation guidelines.
Clean and prepare location and equipment for the next operation.
Secure the ride location according to organisation procedures.
Prepare ride documentation.
Identify issues and events requiring documentation.
Make notations accurately and comprehensively according to organisation procedures.
Complete and distribute accurate documentation within required timeframe, minimising use of printed materials and maximising electronic transmission of documents to reduce negative environmental impacts.
Forward reports and documentation to the appropriate area within the required timeframe.