Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver SITXCCS002A, 'Provide quality customer service'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Provide quality customer service' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Develop and maintain product, service and market knowledge.
Identify opportunities and use formal and informal research to develop and maintain knowledge of products and services.
Use customer feedback and workplace observation to evaluate products, services and promotional initiatives and identify changes in customer preferences, needs and expectations.
Share market, product and service knowledge obtained with colleagues to enhance the effectiveness of the team.
Suggest ideas to appropriate person for product and service adjustments to meet customer needs for future planning according to organisation policy.
Provide a quality service experience to customers.
Determine and clarify customer preferences, needs and expectations.
Offer accurate information about appropriate products and services to customers to meet their needs and expectations.
Anticipate customer preferences, needs and expectations throughout the service experience and provide products and services in a timely manner, appropriate to individual needs and preferences, and according to organisation standards.
Offer possible extras and add-ons appropriately and provide personalised and additional services and products where appropriate.
Proactively promote products and services at appropriate opportunities according to current organisation goals and promotional focus and employ selling techniques appropriately to encourage usage and purchase.
Identify problems in products and services and take action immediately to address them and/or notify management.
Liaise with team members to ensure timely and efficient service.
Share information with other team members and relevant persons to ensure efficient service and timely and smooth workflow.
Deal with complaints and difficult customer service situations.
Use questioning techniques to establish and agree on the nature, possible cause and details of the complaint or difficult customer service situation with the customer and assess the impact on the customer of the situation.
Use communication techniques to assist in the management of the complaint and handle the situation sensitively, courteously and discreetly.
Take responsibility for finding a solution to the complaint within the scope of individual responsibility.
Determine possible options to resolve the complaint and promptly analyse and decide on the best solution, taking into account any organisation constraints.
Take appropriate action swiftly to resolve the complaint and prevent escalation, in agreement with customer and to the customer's satisfaction.
Where appropriate, use techniques to turn complaints into opportunities to demonstrate high quality customer service.
Provide feedback on complaints to appropriate personnel in order to avoid future occurrence.
Reflect on and evaluate complaint and solution to enhance response to future complaints or difficult service situations.
Manage and use information about clients and customers.
Determine and record customer information where appropriate to provide personalised service.
Develop and maintain knowledge of organisation promotional initiatives and implement where appropriate.
Proactively provide enhanced products and services to clients and customers based on client information.