Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver SITXCOM003A, 'Deal with conflict situations'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Deal with conflict situations' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Identify conflict situations.
Identify potential for conflict quickly and take swift and tactful action to prevent escalation.
Identify quickly situations where personal safety of customers or colleagues may be threatened and organise appropriate assistance.
Identify and use resources to assist in managing conflict where appropriate and according to organisation policy and procedures.
Resolve conflict situations.
Take responsibility for finding a solution to the conflict within scope of individual responsibility.
Deal with conflict sensitively, courteously and discreetly and take steps to minimise impact on other colleagues and customers.
Use effective communication skills to assist in management of the conflict.
Encourage all points of view, acknowledge them and treat them with respect.
Establish and agree on the nature and details of the conflict with all parties and assess the impact of the situation on them.
Determine possible options to resolve the conflict and promptly analyse and decide on the best solution in agreement with all parties, taking into account any organisation constraints.
Use accepted conflict resolution techniques to manage the conflict situation and develop solutions.
Complete any necessary documentation accurately and legibly within time constraints.
Evaluate conflict situations.
Seek and provide feedback on the conflict and its resolution where possible with the parties involved.
Evaluate and reflect on the situation and effectiveness of the solution.
Determine possible causes of workplace conflict and provide input for workplace enhancement and improvements.