Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver SITXENV002A, 'Implement and monitor environmentally sustainable work practices'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Implement and monitor environmentally sustainable work practices' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Investigate current workplace practices in relation to resource usage.
Identify environmental regulations applying to the enterprise.
Evaluate procedures for assessing compliance with environmental regulations.
Collect information on environmental and resource-efficient systems and procedures, and share information with team members.
Measure and document current resource usage by members of the work group.
Analyse and document current purchasing strategies.
Analyse current work processes to access information and data to assist in identifying areas for improvement.
Consult with colleagues and other stakeholders regarding issues of environmental sustainability, including environmental responsibilities and environmental impacts.
Set targets for resource usage improvements to sustainable work practices.
Seek and integrate input from stakeholders, key personnel and specialists.
Assess external sources of information and data as required to inform decisions on improvements.
Evaluate alternative solutions to workplace environmental issues and incorporate outcomes into workplace operations.
Set efficiency targets for resource usage.
Develop procedures to minimise or negate potential negative environmental impacts and maximise positive environmental impacts.
Seek a coordinated effort amongst stakeholders, key personnel and specialists to operate in an environmentally sustainable manner.
Implement performance improvement strategies.
Source techniques and tools to assist in achieving performance improvement targets.
Apply continuous improvement strategies to own work area of responsibility and communicate ideas and possible solutions to the work group and management.
Integrate and implement environmental and resource efficiency improvement plans for own work group with those from other operational activities.
Seek, and where appropriate act upon, suggestions and ideas about environmental and resource management from stakeholders.
Implement costing strategies to determine value of environmental assets.
Provide a role model for colleagues, customers and stakeholders in relation to environmentally sustainable operations.
Monitor performance and improvement strategies.
Document outcomes and communicate reports on performance improvement targets to key personnel and stakeholders.
Evaluate strategies to identify required modifications and inform further performance improvement strategies.
Set new targets and investigate and apply new tools and strategies.
Promote successful strategies and where possible reward participants.
Monitor and accurately record workplace practices that have been established to improve the environmental sustainability of enterprise operations.