Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver SITXEVT011A, 'Develop crowd control plans and procedures'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Develop crowd control plans and procedures' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Analyse risks associated with large crowds.
Identify and evaluate regulatory constraints and requirements in relation to crowd management.
Identify and analyse generalrisks associated with gathering of large crowds to ensure the safety of personnel and participants.
Identify and analyse current and emerging situation-specific risks and assess for their impact on planning.
Inspect, or organise inspection of, venue and facilities to ensure compliance with legal requirements and facilitate risk assessment.
Determine need for specialist assistance and involvement of authorities in crowd management.
Develop crowd management plans.
Estimate expected crowd numbers based on historical data and current trends or attendance information.
Organise or confirm completion of any necessary work to ensure compliance with legal constraints and requirements.
Determine and document human resource requirement for crowd management.
Develop plan that minimises identified risks associated with the venue and complies with legal constraints and requirements.
Consult with and gain input from relevant stakeholders on crowd management approaches.
Develop evaluation criteria for crowd management plan in consultation with stakeholders.
Establish operational crowd management procedures.
Develop and document specific operational crowd control procedures, including contingency and critical incident procedures.
Identify critical tasks and allocate responsibilities.
Undertake or organise preparation and checking of safety equipment according to legal requirements and manufacturer instructions.
Ensure procedures consider and are integrated with broader management constraints and issues.
Provide crowd control briefings and relevant information to stakeholders and staff.
Establish emergency crowd control procedures.
Develop and document procedures for managing crowds in emergency situations in consultation with relevant stakeholders.
Identify and document safety needs of special populations in emergency situations.
Implement and accurately document required practice drills.
Evaluate crowd control plans and procedures.
Evaluate effectiveness of crowd control, based on agreed evaluation criteria.
Ensure outcomes of evaluation are incorporated into future planning.