Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver SITXEVT015B, 'Manage exhibitions'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Manage exhibitions' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Establish overall exhibition scope and format.
Assess proposed exhibition concept to determine planning and operational requirements.
Consult with key stakeholders and agree on exhibition objectives.
Develop overall format in consultation with stakeholders.
Establish and manage exhibition layouts and floor plans.
Assess the physical characteristics of the exhibition space in relation to its capacity to meet requirements.
Assess safety, risk and environmental issues that may impact on exhibition layouts.
Establish criteria for the allocation of space according to exhibition objectives and in consultation with stakeholders.
Allocate space according to agreed criteria.
Identify, negotiate and resolve any conflicting demands for exhibition space according to agreed criteria.
Organise development of accurate and complete floor plans based on agreed layouts and criteria.
Establish and manage format for buyer and seller interaction.
Determine most appropriate format for buyer and seller interaction based on analysis of exhibition objectives, operational constraints and consultation with key stakeholders.
Establish and monitor procedures and systems for one-to-one appointment scheduling when required.
Generate and distribute reports and schedules of interaction to buyers and sellers.
Recruit and manage exhibitors.
Develop clear, concise and professional exhibitor prospectus, including full breakdown of costs, benefits and other relevant exhibitor information.
Distribute and present exhibitor prospectus according to agreed targets and marketing plan.
Undertake follow-up promotion and negotiation as required to ensure maximum take-up of space and profitability of the exhibition.
Execute exhibitor contracts and agreements to include full details of commitments made by both parties.
Provide or organise exhibitor support services.
Develop and distribute accurate and complete exhibitor kits at appropriate time prior to exhibition.
Provide or organise exhibitor operational support, including briefings and debriefings according to agreements.
Minimise use of printed materials and maximise electronic transmission of all exhibitor and exhibition documents to reduce negative environmental impacts.
Evaluate exhibition operations.
Evaluate exhibition effectiveness based on agreed evaluation criteria.
Ensure outcomes of evaluation are incorporated into future exhibition planning.