Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver SITXINV003A, 'Manage and purchase stock'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Manage and purchase stock' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Establish and implement an order and supply process.
Develop an order and supply process for stock and communicate to relevant people.
Establish economic order quantities based on internal information and supplier advice.
Determine required stock levels according to peak seasons, special events and supplier's lead time.
Develop process to include monitoring of quality during supply and delivery processes in line with any organisation and regulatory requirements, including food safety regulations.
Establish and implement stock control systems.
Develop stock control systems and communicate to all appropriate staff in a timely manner.
Apply special control systems to items showing high wastage or loss.
Use data correctly to calculate standard methods and measures and communicate to appropriate staff.
Monitor workplace systems and make adjustments according to feedback and operational experience.
Initiate training of staff to minimise stock wastage.
Develop optimum supply arrangements.
Evaluate quality of supply, based on feedback from colleagues and customers.
Source and review potential suppliers in line with organisation requirements.
Develop appropriate and accurate purchase specifications.
Assess suppliers against specifications considering all relevant factors.
Assess terms of purchase and negotiate with suppliers to achieve optimum supply arrangements.
Adjust sources of supply in line with assessments and make accurate records of agreements.