Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver SITXMGT001A, 'Monitor work operations'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Monitor work operations' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Monitor and improve workplace operations.
Monitor efficiency and service levels on an ongoing basis through close contact with day-to-day operations.
Ensure that workplace operations support overall organisation goals and quality assurance initiatives.
Identify quality problems and issues promptly and make appropriate adjustments, with relevant approvals.
Adjust procedures and systems in consultation with colleagues to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
Proactively consult with colleagues about ways to improve efficiency and service levels, including potential for new technologies.
Provide feedback to colleagues and management to inform future planning.
Identify and take opportunities to evaluate current and emerging industry trends and practices for relevance to own work situation.
Plan and organise workflow.
Assess current workload of colleagues accurately.
Schedule work in a manner that enhances efficiency and customer service quality.
Delegate work to appropriate people according to principles of delegation.
Assess workflow and progress against agreed objectives and timelines.
Assist colleagues in prioritisation of workload through supportive feedback and coaching.
Provide timely input to appropriate management regarding staffing needs.
Maintain workplace records.
Complete workplace records accurately and submit within required timeframes.
Where appropriate, delegate and monitor completion of records prior to submission.
Solve problems and make decisions.
Identify workplace problems promptly and analyse from an operational and customer service perspective.
Initiate short-term action to resolve the immediate problem where appropriate.
Analyse problems for any long-term impact, and assess and action potential solutions in consultation with relevant colleagues.
Where a team member raises a problem, encourage the individual's participation in solving it.
Take follow-up action to monitor the effectiveness of solutions in the workplace.