Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver SITXMGT003A, 'Manage projects'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Manage projects' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Confirm project objectives and scope in consultation with appropriate stakeholders.
Evaluate financial viability of project through analysis of key factors.
Determine and develop a resource strategy for project.
Confirm administrative structure for project.
Develop an integrated project management plan using appropriate project management tools and communicate plan to appropriate colleagues.
Allocate project responsibilities in agreement with others, and clearly communicate responsibilities to all involved.
Identify key project milestones and communicate these to persons involved.
Plan internal and external communications and public relations and marketing approaches together with appropriate colleagues.
Consult and reach agreement on suitable project evaluation methods.
Administer and monitor project.
Implement project strategies and monitor them in conjunction with project team members.
Provide support and assistance to team members as required.
Use effective interpersonal communication to build trust and respect within the project team.
Assess progress against project goals and review progress in consultation with project team members.
Determine the need for additional project resources and take action accordingly.
Implement financial control systems and monitor them according to project guidelines.
Provide regular reports on project progress to appropriate colleagues and customers.
Complete the project within agreed timelines.
Assess effectiveness of project at specified stages, using agreed evaluation methods.
Take account of agreed goals and priorities when carrying out a project evaluation.
Involve project team members, appropriate colleagues and customers in the project evaluation.
Incorporate evaluation results into ongoing project management.
Share information from project evaluation with appropriate colleagues and incorporate information into future planning.