Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver SITXOHS005A, 'Establish and maintain an OHS system'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Establish and maintain an OHS system' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Establish and maintain a framework for health, safety and security.
Access and interpret key legislative documents to ensure that OHS systems comply with regulatory requirements, standards and codes.
Design an OHS management system to suit the characteristics and needs of the organisation, in consultation with appropriate personnel.
Identify and provide adequate financial, human and specialist external resources to address OHS management practices.
Develop and clearly articulate OHS policies and procedures in a format readily accessible to all personnel.
Define and allocate health, safety and security responsibilities clearly, including relevant information in job descriptions and duty statements.
Consult with key personnel, and determine, develop and implement a plan for all OHS training requirements.
Establish and monitor a system for keeping OHS records.
Establish and maintain systems to ensure communication of information to personnel, including information on policies, procedures and their roles and responsibilities in OHS management practices.
Establish and maintain consultative arrangements for the management of health, safety and security.
Establish and maintain appropriate consultative processes to suit the characteristics and needs of the organisation.
Plan for and ensure that consultation is conducted attimes designated and required by legislation.
Resolve issues raised through consultation and participation promptly and effectively.
Provide information about the outcomes of consultation and participation in a manner accessible to employees.
Establish and maintain practices for identifying hazards, and assessing and controlling risks.
Develop or access a hazard identification and risk assessment tool or template document that incorporates assessment criteria for assessing risks and consequences.
Plan for and ensure that hazards are identified attimes designated and required by legislation.
Develop procedures for the ongoing identification of hazards, especially types ofhazards designated by legislation.
Develop procedures for the assessment of risks associated with identified hazards.
Develop procedures for the control of risks and the ongoing monitoring of controls.
Nominate the roles and responsibilities of personnel for hazard identification, risk assessment and risk control within procedures.
Take a lead role in assessing and controlling risks, including implementing interim or emergency solutions according to consultative requirements of OHS legislation.
Manage the response to any incident or accident and follow legislative requirements for notifying and cooperating with OHS regulatory authorities.
Evaluate the organisation's health, safety and security system.
Assess ongoing compliance with OHS legislation and regulatory requirements, standards and codes to ensure that OHS legal requirements are maintained.
Consult with a range of personnel to elicit feedback on OHS policies, procedures and practices.
Assess the effectiveness of OHS management practices, including a review of any incidents or accidents, near misses, OHS reports and statistics held by the organisation.
Develop, implement, document and communicate improvements and changes to the OHS system.