Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver SRXFAC001B, 'Maintain equipment for activities'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Maintain equipment for activities' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements and Performance Criteria
Perform routine equipment maintenance
Examine and check equipment according to maintenance schedule
Check emergency equipment is regularly to be in correct working order
Carry out equipment repairs
Undertake necessary minor repairs to maintain safe and effective use of equipment promptly within one's own area of responsibility in the work environment
Report repairs which cannot be carried out to the responsible person
Follow all service and repair procedures as recommended by manufacturers
Undertake all necessary measures to prevent clients and staff using unsafe equipment
Examine resources required for equipment maintenance and repair regularly to ensure availability and operational ability
Ensure working practices are in line with health and safety guidelines
Store equipment to maintain a serviceable condition
Place equipment in correct storage area
Store and handle equipment so as to avoid damage to itself and the environment
Store equipment in relation to accessibility and frequency of use
Maintain storage areas in a clean and tidy condition
Maintain accurate and up-to-date written records of stored equipment
Comply with manufacturer's storage requirements with
Maintain necessary access and egress in the case of an emergency
Ensure security for storage facility is in accordance with operating procedures
Complete records of routine maintenance and repairs promptly, accurately, and legibly in accordance with guidelines