Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver SRXFAC008B, 'Obtain facilities'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Obtain facilities' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements and Performance Criteria
Identify facilities for activity use
Select a facility after considering a range of potential facilities
Demonstrate that the identified facility can be made suitable for the chosen purpose through the most efficient use of resources
Establish that the use of the facility for the chosen purpose will not cause any long-term damage
Establish the current ownership, conditions and any fee for use
Bring the chosen facility up to nationally approved health and safety standards and other relevant guidelines, ordinances and codes through the most cost effective use of resources
Access to the facility is appropriate to the clients who will use it
Establish records of suitable facilities and communicate to any colleagues who may wish to make use of them
Negotiate the use of facilities
Conduct enquiries and negotiations in a manner which encourages good working relationships
Give consideration in negotiations for local residents and other users of the facility
Clarify the use of the facility, the activities involved and any potential benefits to the owners
Ensure agreements detail any responsibilities for the upkeep, services and security of the facility
Demonstrate that agreements are satisfactory to all parties and in line with approved policy
Complete records of agreements accurately and store for future availability
Communicate agreements clearly and accurately to personnel who may use the facility