Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver SUGCOHS1A, 'Follow safe work procedures'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Follow safe work procedures' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
1. Prepare to work safely
1.1 Hazards associated with work tasks and related control methods are identified
1.2 Work area is checked and monitored for safety prior to commencing work to confirm that it is appropriate and safe to use
1.3 Appropriate personal protective clothing is selected and fitted
1.4 Appropriate personal protective equipment is used according to workplace procedure
1.5 Safety signs and signals are interpreted and used as required by work responsibility
2. Follow safe work procedures relating to own work
2.1 Work is carried out safely according to workplace requirements and OHS legislative requirements
2.2 OHS hazards that occur during work operations are identified, removed or controlled and reported
2.3 Duty of care for self and others is observed
2.4 Safety alarms, signs and visual and audible signals are used to communicate safety information effectively
3. Contribute to continuous improvement in OHS practice
3.1 OHS incidents are reported in required format
3.2 Procedures for investigating incidents and assessing risk are followed
3.3 Health and safety issues are considered and raised with designated personnel
3.4 OHS reports and records relating to personal work responsibilities are maintained according to workplace procedures
4. Follow emergency procedures
4.1 Emergency situations are identified and reported
4.2 Emergency procedures are followed according to company procedures
4.3 Emergency and evacuation procedures are implemented according to company procedures