Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver TAEEDU509A, 'Use information to enhance international education work role performance'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Use information to enhance international education work role performance' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
1. Locate and record industry information relevant to work role
1.1. Establish and maintain contacts, networks and sources of information
1.2. Access information on work role, skills and attributes in international education organisations from appropriate sources
1.3. Apply information in work situations to assist effectiveness in work role
1.4. Record and securely store relevant information, reviewing and updating as necessary
1.5. Collate and record contact details of relevant individuals, groups and agencies in an accessible location
2. Enhance work quality
2.1. Source information on international education services and operations and use it effectively
2.2. Identify employer and employee rights and responsibilities in international education services organisations under workplace relations legislation
2.3. Identify role, responsibilities and criteria for performance review based on relevant work standards, key activities and own job description
2.4. Develop processes to improve work practices using collated and analysed information
2.5. Disseminate information to colleagues in similar work roles and to other appropriate stakeholders
2.6. Observe privacy and confidentiality requirements regarding personal or organisational information, in accordance with relevant legislation
3. Use information to improve own and team work practices
3.1. Review own performance in work role to identify gaps in work skills and future skill requirements
3.2. Source and act upon professional development and training opportunities for self and team
3.3. Develop and use systems of reporting and performance appraisal to assess own and team performance
3.4. Apply processes to improve own and team work practices by referring to research and best practice in international education services, in accordance with organisational policies
3.5. Evaluate effectiveness of processes and strategies