Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver TAELLN813, 'Formulate workplace strategy for adult language, literacy and numeracy skill development'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Formulate workplace strategy for adult language, literacy and numeracy skill development' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
1. Analyse company profile
1.1 Identify broad issues for training through consultation with enterprise personnel and workforce representatives
1.2 Analyse company background information
1.3 Identify any key drivers of change impacting on the organisation
1.4 Develop profile of the industry workforce
1.5 Identify any compliance, WHS, performance or quality issues that could impact on the effectiveness of the organisation
1.6 Analyse company and workforce profile for language, literacy and numeracy training implications
2. Analyse English language, literacy and numeracy demands of the workplace
2.1 Analyse relevant training specification to identify the levels of language, literacy and numeracy required
2.2 Examine workplaceâ€™s formal and informal communication systems and practices to identify the level of language, literacy and numeracy required
2.3 Identify funding source for training and note parameters of program focus and reporting
3. Provide leadership in developing language, literacy and numeracy skill development plan
3.1 Design most appropriate mode(s) of training and assessment, given participant profile and workplace operations
3.2 Design most appropriate program, based on application of conceptual frameworks underpinning adult language, literacy and numeracy teaching in vocational education and training (VET)
3.3 Develop a language, literacy and numeracy skill development plan for approval by representatives of the training organisation, company or workplace, and the workforce
3.4 Develop an evaluation strategy to enable ongoing monitoring of the language, literacy and numeracy skill development plan
3.5 Develop a communication strategy to ensure stakeholders are informed of process, programs, changes and outcomes
4. Identify program participants
4.1 Design criteria and processes for selection of participants
4.2 Ensure processes comply with the industrial arrangements of the workplace and funding body requirements
4.3 Design a pre-training assessment process relevant to needs of learners and reporting requirements
4.4 Assess the literacy and numeracy skills of potential program participants
4.5 Develop a profile of potential participants for training purposes
4.6 Refine training delivery plan to enable maximum participation
4.7 Liaise with others in the workplace impacted by the training
5. Implement and review the language, literacy and numeracy skill development plan
5.1 Make arrangements for the delivery of skills development that meets learner and workplace requirements
5.2 Implement the evaluation strategy of skill development plan
5.3 Review the implementation of the language, literacy and numeracy skill development plan periodically and make modifications when required