Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver TAERES501, 'Apply research to training and assessment practice'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Apply research to training and assessment practice' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
Elements describe the essential outcomes.
Performance criteria describe the performance needed to demonstrate achievement of the element.
1. Prepare a research brief relating to training and assessment practice
1.1 Identify the purpose of research to be conducted, according to the current and future needs of the organisation around training and assessment practice
1.2 Identify and report on rationale for research and proposed research procedures and the methodology to be used
1.3 Define activities to be undertaken in conducting the research, timeframe, resource required, and expected outcomes in line with organisational practice
1.4 Develop process and criteria to evaluate achievement of the outcomes
1.5 Prepare budget and timelines for the research, in line with organisational requirements and constraints
1.6 Present research proposal to relevant personnel for approval, in line with organisational procedures
2. Conduct research in training and assessment practice
2.1 Manage and conduct research activities using effective techniques for project management, implementation and data collection
2.2 Collect data, and record appropriate project activities, in line with the research proposal
2.3 Analyse data obtained from the research in relation to its application, improving current and future training, and assessment practice
3. Investigate and apply educational theory to the research
3.1 Identify appropriate sources of information to identify relevant educational theory
3.2 Apply appropriate educational theories to the outcomes of the training and assessment research
3.3 Make recommendations for training and assessment development, and improvement, in line with the identified current and future needs of the organisation
4. Report on the application of educational theory to training and assessment practice
4.1 Prepare relevant documentation on research findings using academic referencing and citation protocols, for presentation to key personnel
4.2 Make recommendations for action to improve current, and future, training and assessment practice, based on the research findings, and present to relevant personnel for approval
4.3 Establish criteria to monitor and evaluate new practices, based on the research recommendations, and recommend monitoring and evaluation processes
5. Review entire process
5.1 Design a process to review the research procedures, methodologies, data collection, analysis and reporting
5.2 Conduct the review in consultation with key personnel
5.3 Make recommendations for further research based on the review