Formats and tools
- Unit Description
- Reconstruct the unit from the xml and display it as an HTML page.
- Assessment Tool
- an assessor resource that builds a framework for writing an assessment tool
- Assessment Template
- generate a spreadsheet for marking this unit in a classroom environment. Put student names in the top row and check them off as they demonstrate competenece for each of the unit's elements and performance criteria.
- Assessment Matrix
- a slightly different format than the assessment template. A spreadsheet with unit names, elements and performance criteria in separate columns. Put assessment names in column headings to track which performance criteria each one covers. Good for ensuring that you've covered every one of the performance criteria with your assessment instrument (all assessement tools together).
- Wiki Markup
- mark up the unit in a wiki markup codes, ready to copy and paste into a wiki page. The output will work in most wikis but is designed to work particularly well as a Wikiversity learning project.
- Evidence Guide
- create an evidence guide for workplace assessment and RPL applicants
- Competency Mapping Template
- Unit of Competency Mapping – Information for Teachers/Assessors – Information for Learners. A template for developing assessments for a unit, which will help you to create valid, fair and reliable assessments for the unit, ready to give to trainers and students
- Observation Checklist
- create an observation checklist for workplace assessment and RPL applicants. This is similar to the evidence guide above, but a little shorter and friendlier on your printer. You will also need to create a seperate Assessor Marking Guide for guidelines on gathering evidence and a list of key points for each activity observed using the unit's range statement, required skills and evidence required (see the unit's html page for details)
- Self Assessment Survey
- A form for students to assess thier current skill levels against each of the unit's performance criteria. Cut and paste into a web document or print and distribute in hard copy.
- Moodle Outcomes
- Create a csv file of the unit's performance criteria to import into a moodle course as outcomes, ready to associate with each of your assignments. Here's a quick 'how to' for importing these into moodle 2.x
- Registered Training Organisations
- Trying to find someone to train or assess you? This link lists all the RTOs that are currently registered to deliver TAETAS401A, 'Maintain training and assessment information'.
- Google Links
- links to google searches, with filtering in place to maximise the usefulness of the returned results
- Reference books for 'Maintain training and assessment information' on fishpond.com.au. This online store has a huge range of books, pretty reasonable prices, free delivery in Australia *and* they give a small commission to ntisthis.com for every purchase, so go nuts :)
Elements and Performance Criteria
1. Provide initial and ongoing information and advice on training and assessment services
1.1. Provide potential learners with relevant information about the range of training and assessment services provided by the training and/or assessment organisation
1.2. Explain specific program content and assessment requirements to learners in a clear and concise manner
1.3. Confirm training schedule with relevant personnel and disseminate to learners
1.4. Access, provide and explain relevant organisational policies and procedures relating to training and/or assessment services to learners according to organisational and legal requirements
2. Complete training and assessment records
2.1. Collect, verify and record personal learner information on learner records management system
2.2. Collect, verify and record details of the specific learning strategy and learning program on the learner records management system
2.3. Confirm and record relevant additional requirements
2.4. Confirm and record learner progress and assessment outcomes in a timely manner
2.5. Organise certification processes according to national reporting requirements, where appropriate
2.6. Address custody and management requirements of training and/or assessment information and records
3. Complete reporting requirements
3.1. Complete and forward final results to appropriate personnel for signature, using systems to support reporting
3.2. Finalise, check and provide data for national reporting purposes to appropriate personnel for signature
3.3. Identify, document and address issues and irregularities in recording and reporting activities in a timely and effective manner
3.4. Refer issues and irregularities outside area of responsibility or expertise to appropriate personnel for resolution, if relevant
3.5. Finalise certification arrangements, send to learners and store copies according to organisational and legal requirements, where appropriate